Tired of vaping cannabis or having the same-old boring edibles like brownies?
You should try our recipe for a delicious cannabis-infused smoothie!
Just like regular smoothies, cannabis-infused smoothies are easy to make, nutritious and give you a chance to decide whether you want to use THC or CBD infused cannabis products. Not to mention they are highly customizable!
So if you don’t have something in your fridge that this recipe requires, or if you want to play around with different flavours, cannabis smoothies are open to your interpretation.
Preparation: Buy Everything You Need and Want
The first step to preparing any meal is getting all the necessary ingredients ready.
Even when preparing to make something as easy as a delicious cannabis smoothie, you need to get all the essential elements.
Below is a list of primary ingredients that you should follow for this particular recipe, it makes two servings:
- Milk (you can use whichever your preference; such as almond milk or lactose-free milk products)
- Liquid whipping cream
- 3-4 tablespoons of honey (cane sugar is also an option)
- Teaspoon of vanilla (doesn’t necessarily have to be fresh vanilla, unless you want to be fancy)
- A whole bunch of fruit: strawberries, bananas, blueberries, mangoes and kiwis
- And, of course, your preferred cannabis concentrate (we use cannabutter for this recipe)!
Cannabis Smoothie Infusion Options
If you want to infuse your smoothie with cannabis, you can choose from various infusion options, depending on what products are available and your preferred choice of taste.
Below are a few cannabis smoothie infusion options that you might want to consider:
- Leftover Cannabis Pulp
- Homemade or Purchased CBD Oil
- Raw Cannabis Leaves
- Cannabis Coconut Oil
- Cannabis MCT Oil
- Full Extract Cannabis Oil (FECO)
- CBD Distillate
Speak to a Canadian Cannabis Clinic Rep if you are curious about trying any of these CBD oils and tinctures!
How to Prepare Your Cannabis For The Smoothie
The most crucial step in the preparation of a cannabis smoothie is, of course, the cannabis. So, firstly, you need to check that you have cannabis concentrate for your smoothie.
Note that you don’t need a lot of cannabis to achieve decent potency.
The recipe below is for cannabutter made with milk and cream, but there are plenty of options mentioned above that you might want to opt-out for:
- Get about 1-4 grams of dank buds from your licenced provider and grind them.
- Mix the cream with the milk and heat the mixture to about 60-70 °C.
- Dredge the herbs in your milk-cream mixture and heat it carefully to a low temperature. While doing this, keep in mind that high temperatures can likely lead to a less potent product because of the destruction of THC and CBD molecules. So you must let it boil gently for at least 60 minutes at a low temperature.
- As your mixture boils, it will start to change its colour. Let it boil gently for about 60 minutes to 8 hours (depending on a desired potency) on a low temperature. When your mixture is ready, filter your milk-cream cannabis mixture to separate the liquid material from the solid because you won’t be needing the remaining parts of the bud.
- Once you do that, let the filtered mixture cool down. Then your cannabis infusing process is complete. Make sure to store your cannabutter in an airtight container.
Remember to invest a little time, don’t rush through these critical steps.
Recipe For a Cannabis-Infused Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- ½ of a cup of milk of choice
- 1 frozen banana
- ¾ of a cup of strawberries
- Teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Teaspoon of honey
- 3 tablespoons of cannabutter (up to your discretion)*
*Add one or two more tablespoons of cannabutter instead for a stronger smoothie
- Melt 3 tablespoons of cannabutter using a small saucepan on a very low heat. Once the butter has melted, set it aside.
- Place your frozen banana, strawberries, vanilla extract, cinnamon, honey and milk of choice into a blender. Don’t forget to pour your melted cannabutter over the ingredients.
- Blend until smooth. Add ice cubes for thicker consistency, if desired.
You must infuse your cannabis milk with a THC bud if you want to feel the psychoactive “high” effects from your smoothie.
If you want a CBD smoothie, infuse your milk with a strain high in CBD and low THC.
Good To Know: How To Determine Your Dosing
If you’re unsure about the dosage of cannabutter you should be using, try the Cannabis Edible Dosage Calculator designed to help you get a more precise estimate of the potency of your cannabis edibles.
If you are considering using cannabis for any purpose, Our cannabis educators are here to help and answer any of your questions. Call 1-888-797-9374 or email [email protected] and we’ll get back to you shortly.